- Southern Conference schools are cashing in with FBS games this season.
- Nobody is overlooking the Apps this season.
- Photo slideshow from the SoCon Football media day.
- Wofford’s ready. “Once this thing kicks up, it’s on.”
- Samford is looking for a kicker in an interesting way.
- JMU, ranked as high as No. 2 in preseason national poll, is somehow picked to finish third in the Colonial.
Tag Archives: Southern Conference
I had some free time so I created a Southern Conference Helmet Schedule on Excel. WordPress won’t let me post Excel files for download, so send me an e-mail at GFWApps@gmail.com if you’d like a full version of it. Let me know in the e-mail whether or not you have Office 2007 so I can send you the right version. Here’s a screenshot of a piece of it:
The Apps definitely have the respect of our fellow conference members as well as the media. The Mountaineers were chosen by both the coaches and media as the favorite to win the SoCon crown at the 2008 Southern Conference Football Rouser in Greenville, S.C. on Wednesday.
Here’s a quick snapshot of where Appalachian State athletics stands today:
On the Field
The powerhouse status of the Mountaineer football team has finally reached the attention of the national media. The win at Michigan immediately catapulted us into the national spotlight and gave a sense of legitimacy to the Football Championship Subdivision. In the last three seasons, the Mountaineers are 39-6, including a 12-game postseason winning streak. Appalachian is also the first school to win three consecutive national championships in the FCS.